This error message will display (and the clock may beep) if the G2 clock’s software is deleted or becomes corrupted, which—don’t worry—is not as big of a deal as it may sound. Please note that this issue can almost always be resolved remotely without needing to return the clock.
If the clock is not responding to pings, then to resolve this:
- Someone should go onsite and place it in setup mode using the switch on the upper left side of its back. Move it from right to left. The clock will boot in setup mode.
- Use the arrows on the keypad to navigate to the Maint
- Use the TAB key to highlight the “Clear RAM” option and then press the SEL key to clear the RAM memory drive.
- Use the TAB key again to highlight the “Clear Flash” option and then press the SEL key to clear the Flash memory drive.
- Take the clock out of setup mode by moving the switch on the back from left to right. It will boot.
- Initialize the clock from DCD Management (ADMIN > DCD > DCD Setup).
If the clock is responding to pings, then to resolve this:
- IntelliTime support can log into the clock remotely and clear its Flash and RAM memory for you, without it needing to be put into setup mode.
- The procedure described above can still be used.